Thursday, October 17, 2013

rising sun.





Every day the sun rises. It is a promise of a new day. It is a reminder of new mercy and grace. Your love, God is always there. It will not fail. I can trust in Your promises. Help me, Lord to have more faith. Faith to ask for the small things and the big things, like the girl who told us about the children who were praying for the wells to spring up in their village and they did. I trust in you to provide support, to make a way to take a trip to Seattle, to hire a case worker for the Annex in January, to end human trafficking, to put the people in my life that need to be in it, to teach me how to have boundaries with my time, to have healthy friendships, to show my brothers how much you deeply love them and want a relationship with them, and to protect me while in Minneapolis. Jesus, you are the Shepherd of my life. I can use the sun to remind me that each day is not in my hands, but the One who came to give me abundant life. I praise your holy name.
Morning is always a peaceful time for me. This is from a journal entry I wrote while on a camping trip this summer. We slept outside under the stars so I woke up early to go see the sun rise. The pictures are from a morning walk I went on this past weekend during a retreat. The neat part about this is that some of these prayers have come to fruition. God is always faithful and the morning will always remind me of that.







No comments:

Post a Comment