Tuesday, April 17, 2012

hitting play.

the thought currently replaying in my head today is this- has it seriously been two years since i was beginning to prepare for being the RA of pink hall? 

tonight, we had the Knuha staff for next year join our weekly staff meeting. sitting in the circle of these 16 other women made me incredibly joyful. there was an intense amount of beauty, love, and goodness being reflected. i remember two years ago when i first went to a meeting, anticipating life as an RA. now, i look back on what the Lord has done to me by being an RA and ARD.

it is incredible what two years of Res Life does to a person. i almost started crying tonight thinking about the past two years. God has done BIG things and i am in awe of His goodness. there have been ups and downs. good times and crappy times. yet through it all, life has happened and relationships have been formed.

going from a freshmen to being an RA, to then becoming the ARD, to now a soon to be graduate is crazy. changes occur. seasons come and go. and life happens. this is not the only lesson i have learned while being at NWC, though it has been a valuable one.

let me repeat it: LIFE HAPPENS.

we cannot hit pause, rewind, or fast forward for life. what we can do is hit play and take part in the action. as we allow life to happen, we need to remember the good times (so use the memory God gave us) and we need to keep trusting the Lord that He has the future in His hands.

my future is currently the furthest thing from being planned. all i know is on May 12th i will be walking across a stage.

with the days i have left (< 4 weeks) at NWC i'm going to hit play and rest in the Lord each day for what He brings into my life.

2 comments:

  1. I remember going through the same feelings and emotions nearly a year ago now. It's exciting...and it's difficult. It's worth celebrating...with a sense of remorse. I'll never forget my first night home after graduation...I cried. The sense of loss had never been so tangible before. You're exactly right - "life happens." I found myself reflecting on that very thing recently myself. In fact, I even blogged about it: "Dear Dave..." (http://adamrozanas.wordpress.com/2012/04/12/dear-dave/). Being overseas for three years as a missionary, there are some days I just wish I could hit pause and come back to them again later. But life just doesn't work that way. Praise God for your decision to "hit play" and rest in the Lord for what He brings into your life. Blessings, Jillian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, Jillian, can I just say I love you and I love being a part of life happening for the last 2 years for you :) While you may not know what you will be doing on May 13 (well, we get to finish checkouts and do the debrief retreat together still!) I am confident because God holds your future and you are following hard after Him. May you find rest of mind & heart knowing you have been where you were supposed to be and doing what He called of you in this season. I am so very thankful for these last 2 years together and the many years ahead! Love, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete